MG Motor Australia has increased drive-away prices by between $500 and $2000 across almost its entire petrol-powered range for model year 2023, with ZS EV prices increased by up to $4140.
“The price increases have been brought about by the rising costs of production and supply chains challenges that are affecting us and other brands,” said a spokesperson for MG Motor Australia.
There haven’t been any corresponding specification changes.
The company has confirmed existing customers are price-protected, and that the increase affects only MY23-build vehicles.
Not every model has received an increase. The mid-sized HS SUV has seen price increases of $1000 for the base Vibe and top-spec Essence X and Plus EV Essence variants, but prices are unchanged across the rest of the line-up.
MG’s cheapest model, the MG 3, has seen the smallest increase at $500, while the mid-range ZST Excite has seen the steepest hike at $2000.
For 2023, the ZS EV no longer has nationwide drive-away pricing like the rest of the range.
Its ranks will be bolstered by a new long range model, due in March. Pricing has yet to be announced for this.
The updated drive-away pricing for model year 2023 is as follows:
- MG 3 Core: $19,490 (+$500)
- MG 3 Core with Nav: $19,990 (+$500)
- MG 3 Excite: $20,990 (+$500)
- ZS Excite: $23,990 (+$1000)
- ZST Core: $26,990 (+$1000)
- ZST Vibe: $28,990 (+$1000)
- ZST Excite: $32,990 (+$2000)
- ZST Essence: $34,990 (+$1000)
- HS Vibe: $32,990 (+$1000)
- HS Excite: $35,990 (unchanged)
- HS Excite X: $38,990 (unchanged)
- HS Essence: $39,990 (unchanged)
- HS Essence X: $43,990 (+$1000)
- HS Essence Anfield: $41,690 (unchanged)
- HS Plus EV Excite: $49,690 (unchanged)
- HS Plus EV Essence: $53,690 (+$1000)
The ZS EV was priced at $44,990 drive-away for the base Excite and $48,990 drive-away for the Essence.
For 2023, drive-away pricing now varies from state to state.
The Excite is priced as follows:
- NT: $46,195
- TAS: $46,284
- ACT: $46,521
- NSW: $46,709
- QLD: $47,319
- SA: $47,940
- VIC: $48,416
- WA: $49,130
The Essence is priced as follows:
- NT: $49,195
- TAS: $49,284
- ACT: $49,521
- NSW: $49,709
- QLD: $50,379
- SA: $51,060
- VIC: $51,542
- WA: $52,518
These increases mean the ZS EV is now up to $4140 more expensive for 2023.